Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Family Night..........

For FHE we decided to go to the pumpkin patch and get our pumpkins to carve. So this pumpkin patch fiasco that they have here in California is new to me because I had never been to one before we moved here. And by new, I mean "new" in the last 5 years. Yes, as well as celebrating mom and dad's anniversary yesterday, it was also the 5 year anniversary since Carl and I packed up the kids and moved west. We took a HUGE leap of faith because we actually didn't know a single soul out here. Anyways, back to the awesome pumpkin patch. The kids had a blast going through the hay maze, and climbing on the big tractor tires. They also had a hay tunnel like thing that was really dark and I had to stoop over to walk through. The kids made it through, but alas my claustrophobic anxiety attack forced me to turn back. I have brave kids though. And of course we all got to shoot the pumpkin launcher. That is always a Halloween highlight for me. There was a big wooden ghost with a bell hanging where his face should have been and on my first shot I hit the bell, however it must have been luck because I couldn't do it again. Then the kids chose their pumpkins and Sydney tried to roll/pickup every pumpkin she saw. It was pretty cute. The girls were able to go on pony rides and they thought they were so big. You can't tell by any of the photo proof but Sydney loved it. The terrified look on her face is really her " I love this" look. Overall a fun family night activity. We topped it off with pizza from Round Table. Thanks California for having these crazy pumpkin patch places.





Ashlee mastered the maze.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Fun! We are hoping to make it to the pumpkin patch soon too. My kids keep asking every day when we are getting our pumpkins as they are starting to see them at all the neighbors houses.

mistyb said...

I'm so excited to go there when Ry gets back! It looks even better than last year! Woohoo for pumpkin patches! It's awesome!

Scott and Kim said...

What a fun place...where is this amazing pumpkin patch??

Tami said...

Ok that picture of Sydney on the pony needs to be framed!! She is such a doll! What a sweet smile! Love the pics!!