Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy 40th Anniversary!!!!!!

Robert Lee Hall and Margene Mickelsen were married on October 12, 1968 in the Idaho Falls temple. My brother Don was born the next year, then 18 months later my sister Shirley was born. Dad faithfully served his country for 25 years, 10 months and 7 days. For those that know my dad know that he could probably tell you the time of day that he signed his life over to the U.S. Army. He was converted to the church by a good friend in the Army, and then later that same good friend introduced him to my mom. So thanks Uncle Don, without you, we wouldn't be here. Then finally 5 years after Shirley was born, they had their favorite child, me. Hey Don and Shirley, this is my blog so I can say what I want. Plus, I owe you guys, and you know why.
Mom and dad, I am so thankful every single day that I was sent to you guys, you are the best! You have both been such good examples to me and your strength and testimonies are amazing. You are WONDERFUL grandparents, and I won't ever be able to repay you for all of your help with Caleb the first couple of years. Also, thank you for honoring your temple marriage and setting such a good example to me. I love you guys.
p.s. Happy 15th Birthday Tyson.

On their wedding day. 10/12/68

Robert Hall and Margene Mickelsen

All because two people fell in love.

3 comments:

mistyb said...

happy anniversary! love seeing all the old pictures!!

Scott and Kim said...

Wow what a busy day for the Hansens! Happy Aniversary they are such a sweet couple, what a great example they are to all of us. Have a great day at church today!! Landon is offically in the nursery today...we are FREE!!!

Lara said...

Your parents are pretty cool!!! Happy anniversary to them.

Way to go with the running!!!! You are awesome!