Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blue and Gold Dinner

Yes, I admit that when I was young and I heard people talking about the blue and gold dinner, I seriously thought it was a dinner for Orem High, my fabulous high school had those same colors. Only years and 1 scout later did I learn that it is a big dinner for Cub Scouts. As you might recall from last months blog I stupidly agreed to do the 2 biggest pack meetings of the year, Pinewood and Blue and Gold. My awesome family went to the church with me early and set up all the tables and chairs and I baked 80 potatoes to take. It was a big success and the kids had a blast. One thing we do is have each scout make a cake, here are a few of my favorites. Please note the fancy schmancy carrot cake Caleb is standing by. Yes, that it ours, after quickly removing the tag I don't think anyone knew I didn't slave over it all day. In my defense, kindly remember that I had to bake 80 potatoes.




No comments: