Saturday, February 14, 2009

Best game EVER!!!!

Caleb had a game today right after our activity. It was seriously the best game ever. He played really well, scored some points, had tons of rebounds and steals and fouled 3 times. The other team was UNDEFEATED and pretty mouthy about winning, there was a kid on their team at least 5 inches taller than Caleb and he is one of the tallest on his team. At first I was pretty nervous because they started out pretty strong and got a 8 point lead, then Caleb scored the first basket for our team and we made a huge comeback. The game was really close and getting pretty exciting, with 2 seconds to spare the score is tied and Caleb's friend Dylen shoots and the ball swishes in and our team beat the undefeated team in the league. AWESOME!!!!!! Afterwards I told Caleb to be careful of his fouls because the stupid point rule, and he said to me " I am just playing like you would Mom." Jo Jo you probably understand that comment better than most because you played YW sports with me. I need a support group for over competitive people.

The girls brought stuff to play with and were really good.



3 comments:

joleen said...

We really were competitive and it rolled over to Women's basketball. I promised myself I will not ever play again! A couple seasons ago, I yelled at the ref (who used to be the YW president) and I was her counselor. I looked at her and said, "Whatever!" to her call, and let me tell you, the apology was not fun, so I've given it up. -Remember that River ridge ward was way worse than us though!- Glad Caleb loves it and is so awesome!

Lara said...

Yeah for passing on a little humility to the other team.

Tami said...

Wow, didnt know you were so competitive, I might be rethinking the whole things I said about we should play Volleyball in our ward. I might be scared of you.