Friday, February 27, 2009

16 hours..... later

We left at 5:00 am on Sunday morning to drive back home. We decided to go across the 80 to Reno and down. BIG mistake. It took FOREVER. We were stuck on Donner Pass for hours and several inappropriate cannibal jokes later we finally made it to Sacramento, then down to home. Carl took a side road on the GPS and I was positive that we were going to get stuck, but that is how I decided that these 3 kids I have are definitely more Carl's kids than mine. We were on this deep snow covered road that you had to drive fast on or you would get stuck, I am having a heart attack, not saying very nice things about my husbands judgement and Sydney is in the back seat yelling " WOOHOO. It's a roller coaster!!!!" Caleb and Ash loved it too. We survived and finally got home around 8.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So is it weird having the same order of kids as you grew up with? I mean, do you see any similarities in personalities with your kids and your siblings? Just a thought - as I looked at pictures I saw the parallel. Are you more like Ashlee or Sydney?

Lorilee said...

Sadly, I am like Sydney. I think that is why we clash.