Monday, April 27, 2009

Lucky Number "13"

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary!! It has been such an amazing journey so far. I met Carl in December of 1991, so I have officially known him for more than half my life. We were married on April 27, 1996 in the Manti, Utah Temple. I wouldn't change a thing except maybe I would try harder to have my hair done, oh and in hindsight I wouldn't let Carl give his tux to a 95 year old temple worker that stuck it in a broom closet. I was dressed and waiting in the foyer for him to come out and it was taking forever. My friend Robyn said "yay, he changed his mind, you can still play with us." I was pretty nervous, but as it turned out his tux was lost. Good times. Carl, you are an amazing husband and friend. You take such good care of me and the kids and set such a good example of hard work. The last 13 years have been great and I can't wait to see what the next 13 bring. I love you. Thanks for being such an awesome dad too. I love that our kids have so much fun with you. I love that you are sharing your love for the outdoors with them and helping them to become adventurous and brave. You really are the best.

Our "windy" wedding day in Manti.

Seriously? We look like little kids in this engagement picture.


Honeymoon in Hawaii.
Hawaii April 2006

Backpacking to Point Reyes. September 2008

Climbing Naomi peak in Utah. July 2007

backpacking Havasu Falls. April 2007

Lake Tahoe. June 2007

All because 2 people fell in love.

5 comments:

joleen said...

I was there! Good job you two! Keep it up!

Ben and Taryn said...

Congrats on 13. That is awesome! I hope many more are to come and that they are just as fun. oh and you two hike alot :)

Lara said...

Man, has it really been that long?! I'm glad someone loves that brother of mine!!!!!!!

Happy anniversary.

Greta said...

I am sure you mom wouldn't have minded if you had taken a little more active roll in planning your wedding either! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you.

Scott and Kim said...

Congratulations.....13 thats a HUGE number!!