Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hmmmmmm

Sometimes when you have been blessed with a strong, independent child it is better to just walk away. It is easier said than done especially if that same beautiful, strong willed child starts a full on brawl in the hall outside of the primary room at church today. The fight actually started in the primary room where Sydney took her friend Dylen's sticker because she thought it was hers. I tried to give her an identical sticker but to no avail. After wrestling the sticker from her hands and giving it to Dylen I thought the incident was over. I turn my back for 1 minute to load up my 50lb primary bag and I hear screaming in the hall Sydney had chased poor D down to try and recover the sticker. Please keep in mind I had an identical sticker for Syd but apparently kids have super human abilities to know if you are trying to make a switch. Anyway, I had to drag a kicking a screaming Sydney back to the Primary room so Dylen could make her escape. Misty told me that Dylen said" let's hurry mom." So here is our official apology to our little friend Dylen and Sydney will be making you an "I'm Sorry" card. We love you guys.

This is a picture of better days. Sydney really does love Dylen.
BTW I took this pic, if you couldn't tell, I obviously don't pay attention to see that Misty is in the shot.

5 comments:

mistyb said...

no worries friend I think we just had some tired/hungry girlies on our hands looking back it was quite hilarious and I'm sure entertainment for the 30 or so people in the hallway watching! Love ya miss Syd!

Tami said...

I am really sad I missed that. lol
I also love that you got part of Misty in that picture. I seriously do the same thing all the time.

Scott and Kim said...

Hey you never have to worry about her holding her own :)

Jordan and Jandee said...

was too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Greta said...

Someday you are going to be excited she has such an independent spirit, but I am sure glad I am not you when she hits her teenage years. I can be your listening ear though.