Wednesday, March 4, 2009

EARTHQUAKE

So I bet I got you attention with the title, but in fact it was just an earthquake drill at the kids school this morning while I was there working in the library. I don't have any pictures but I will try my best to describe to you the utter chaos that went down. A little bit of a side note for you....my kids go to an awesome, little country school, only about 150 kids. The buildings are about that old as well and our little library is pretty small. There are 2 tables in it, a small round one and a rectangle one. Here's the scenario, 19 first graders + 1 Sydney crammed under 2 pretty small tables for 5 minutes while they wait for the evac announcement. 5 minutes doesn't seem that long but to a 6 year old it is FOREVER. I have never wished for my camera more. It was hysterical from an adult point of view watching these kids, but not so funny to them. Afterwards Ashlee says," I sure hope that when we have the earthquake I'm not in the library." Well sister, I hope so too.

1 comment:

Greta and Tom said...

Ha ha! Do you have Earthquake drills at home??? Maybe a good FHE!