Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tag

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE! the key word being chocolate. warm chocolate is good too.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Small ones get wrapped and big ones get set out.
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? White on both, but usually some colored lights are on the bushes. We have the Griswalds down the street so it is hard to compete.
4. Do I hang mistletoe? Nope, I can kiss Carl whenever I want.
5. When do I put up my decorations? The weekend after Thanksgiving usually. I don't mind it now, but when I worked at Michaels I HATED Christmas so I would put it off for as long as possible.
6. What is my favorite holiday dish? These yummy oatmeal, caramel, m&m cookie bars that Nan makes.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I would get so excited every Christmas that I would end up sick on Christmas day with a sick stomach. Good times.
8. When did I learn about Santa? WHAT! he's not real?
9. Do we open a gift on Christmas eve? The kids get new jammies and they open them on Christmas eve so they can wear them to bed. But because I am OCD I have to wash them first so they can't figure out why they don't have tags.
10. How do I decorate our tree? We have assorted ornaments and we put up all the ornaments the kids have ever made. Someday I will do 2 trees and have one be formal. Also we started buying a new ornament every year since we got engaged so we bought number 14 this year.
11. Can I ice skate? it depends on who you ask. I think I rule, but Carl might say differently. We ice skated on our first date.
12. Can I remember my favorite gift? Little Syd decided to come see us 5 weeks early on Dec. 23 and so I was in the hospital for Christmas. Not so much fun then, but by far the best gift now.
13. What is the most important thing about the holidays for me? Family and teaching my children to be giving and thoughtful of others. Also emphasizing the birth of our Savior so they know why we are celebrating. Syd's pre-school has a birthday party for Jesus and she got an invitation. She is pretty excited because she thinks He is going to be there. I hope she isn't too sad.
14. Favorite holiday dessert? see number 6
15. Favorite holiday tradition? My mom and dad used to make us do a Christmas program every year that they videotaped. Those tapes are hysterical. I sang silent night in German once before I realized that I am in fact tone deaf. It's a keeper.
16. What tops my tree? A bow. Our tree is too tall for my star.
17. What do I prefer? Giving or receiving? definitely giving, I have a hard time accepting gifts, compliments, you name it. I just like to give.
18. What is my favorite Christmas song? Mary's Lullaby
19. Candy Canes? Not peppermint ones, but i am a big fan of the jolly rancher ones.

People I tag: Jo Jo ( I know you loves these), Lara, Mel, Kim, Lacey and Kristin.

2 comments:

Greta said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for not tagging me. Mostly because you know I will never get around to doing it!!

lacey said...

Hey You! Yeah I was sad I didnt get to see you. We were way busy too and ended up leaving Saturday morning. I do want to come see you but with Brandon coaching every sport know to man I dont know when that will be. Tell the kiddos hi and I will try to come visit sometime. Love you!!!