Tuesday, June 9, 2009

STRIKE!!!

On Friday Carl took 1/2 the day off and we took Nana, Papa, the kids and our little friend Nate bowling and to a movie. Nate and Caleb were talking trash and challenging me to a bowling competition on the way there. The deal was if I won, Caleb had to do dishes and chores for a week for free, no allowance. And if either of the boys won I had to buy Rootbeer floats. Looking at it now it was really a no lose situation for Nater (his bowling nickname. Caleb was K-BOB in honor of his bud Max, and we asked Ashlee what her nickname was and she said Sarah. HUH?) So we played two games and I won both so K-bob is working hard around the house this week. Syd and Ashlee did so good too. They had the bumpers but they threw the ball all by themselves. Papa did pretty great too. It is fun to see him out there bowling with the kids. Nana sat this one out, which is a good thing because she would have made us all look bad. Many of you don't know but Margene used to bowl on a league. She even has her own ball and shoes. Carl beat everyone. We went and saw "UP" after and the kids loved it. Caleb and Nate said they wished they would have worn their scout uniforms to be funny. Good Times.

I love Nates eyes in this pic. You have to enlarge it to get the whole effect.





4 comments:

Bob and Tami said...

Ok so, we have bowled with your Mom, and she was dang good. Margene should have challenged Caleb for free car washes everytime they visit. She would have a very clean car!!

The Gaineys said...

Looks like you all had a good time. I noticed the time you posted this. Now I see what you were doing while talking to me on the phone - besides the other thing you did!:) Thanks for the call. It was great talking to you. Love you!!!

Greta said...

I love the pics. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!

Marie said...

Awesome! We took Austen and the kids bowling on Memorial Day. With a ramp and bumpers, Austen bowled a 92 and Sofie bowled a 91. . . . I refuse to reveal my own score, but Nate did remind me over an over that I was doing it without assistance . . . small consolation. :D