Saturday, May 30, 2009

SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!

School is finally out and my kiddos couldn't be happier. I've said it before, but when I was a kid I could never understand why my mom didn't just LOVE summer the way we did. now I know. Kids actually have pretty short attention spans and get really bored FAST! The result is a crazy mom that has to entertain them or let them rot their developing brains with video games. Don't get me wrong, we play many a video game in the Hansen home but I do have my limits. There in lies good old fashion bribery. I will pay a solid 10$ for every book read this summer with a 1 page written report on it (1/2 a page for Ashlee) not that I don't trust my kids but lets be real. 10$ per book can make even the most honest kids fib a little. Caleb is saving for an IPOD Touch (thanks Uncle Ian) because the IPOD he already has apparently isn't good enough. Whatever. So now to kick off our "amazing Summer 2009" we went to our friend Allison and Philips house for a swim party after school. The kids ate, and swam and played and got pretty excited for many many more summer days. I know that I have 3 kids but the other 2 kept disappearing and so that is why Sydney is the one on display in the photos below.

Going down with the tube didn't work out so well.

Will she actually jump this time?

Yep!! What an awesome little girl.

All the girls got out because all the "big" boys were making waves.

2 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

What a great idea... I think I too will implement a little bribery, nothing is better than the "quiet game" though, do your kids still love it like mine?!?!? It good stuff.

Tami said...

That was fun getting caught up with your life! You guys look like you have been having so much fun. I cant believe that school is out for your kids already. We should plan some fun things to do!!