Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rootbeer floats, uno and toes.........

Carl was gone all last week on business and life gets a little crazy with baseball, open houses, band concerts, b-day parties, scouts and riding lessons, not to mention homework and the usual stuff that goes on. So by Friday night I was pretty worn out and more than a little grouchy. I sent the kids to bed a little early just for some peace but then felt pretty guilty about it. I went up to see them and the girls were already asleep (the busy week wore them out too). But Caleb was still up reading so I told him to come downstairs with me. It was almost 10 and he was suspicious whether he was in trouble or not, but we ended up having root beer floats and an UNO challenge. I won BTW. It was so much fun just having some one on one time with him. He is getting so big and grown up. I keep telling Carl we only have a little more time before he is a teenager and hates us so I better take advantage when I can. On Saturday after Caleb's game I took miss Ashlee to get her toes painted. She loves having time with us too. I get lots of time with Sydney but sometimes life makes it hard to get that same time with Caleb and Ash. I am so thankful for each of my kids and their unique personalities. Oh and I am REALLY thankful when dad comes home from a long trip.

2 comments:

HaHa said...

I just had to comment! I am Carl's cousin, Becky, btw. I noticed a link to your blog from Lara's blog - so I've been peeking over for a month or so now seeing what's been going on at your house. And I have to say - you are an amazing and fun mom!

Jordan and Jandee said...

What a cool mom you are...I bet he'll love that memory of staying up late with mom :)