Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We decided to brave the crazy boat traffic and went out on the Delta with some good friends on Saturday. They have a house boat so it makes it really easy and nice with the kids. There is a bathroom and place to lay down and relax when the girls got tired. The fact that Sydney LOVES our friend Bridgette is a huge plus too. We swam, and wake boarded, knee boarded and kayaked. Chris peer pressured me into jumping off the house boat too. For anyone that actually knows me will think that this is huge. I have NEVER jumped into water willingly before. (I'm not sure how willing I was this time either.) Despite being a busy weekend on the water, we had a great time.

Our boat docked with the house boat.

Carl called this a Squirrel dive??????

I jumped 3 times. this was one of them.

These boys are great friends and have fun getting into trouble together.
(I love their reflections in the water.)

Daddy and the girls on the paddleboat.

This is my teenager jumping off the boat.

Carl wakeboarding.

I tried a wake surf board. this was my first time. I felt crazy not having bindings.

Caleb Knee boarding. He is a Rockstar.

Caleb and Brando. Brando is a crazy daredevil.

This big floating mass of weeds drifted around the boats from the tide moving in. Here is Carl paddling out of it to do a little fishing.

The little girls spent most of the day relaxing in the HOT tub. This is Syd with her BFF Bridge.

2 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

what a fun trip. So proud of you Hansen...trying all these new things. Oh yeah...the weeds surrounding the kayak would have given me a full blown panic attack, could that be any scarier?!?!

Jordan and Jandee said...

my husband does that same "squirrel dive" so funny.