Monday, January 12, 2009

jammin.....

It is not a big secret that my culinary skills are some what lacking. Anytime we try something new in the Hansen kitchen it usually means my hubby is involved. He is actually a pretty fantastic cook and loves to try new things. ( no comment on the deep fried cauliflower) you can't win every time.....But his latest experiment was to make persimmon jam, I know, I didn't know what they were either. But someone in the ward apparently grows them and really likes us so he gave us a bunch. The persimmon pudding Carl tried last week wasn't his biggest success either so he decided to bottle them as jam. I haven't tried it yet, but with 6 cups of sugar it can't be that bad. I'll keep you posted on whether you can expect a delicious little jar of jam for your next gift from us or not........




6 comments:

MELANIE ARCHULETA said...

mmmm...persimmons...we used to have an entire orchard. you can make yummy cookies with them if you have the big mushy ones. by the way, you are a master at those delicious caramel gooey bar things. next experiment....phyllo dough!!!

Greta said...

Those look like carmel....ummmmm. And nice new background.

mistyb said...

nice work brother hansen! I have heard the cookies mel speaks of are quite tasty, my grandma makes them sometimes.

Six Skinners said...

We'll take some!!!

joleen said...

you've got yourself quite the culinary catch there!

Lara said...

Way to go Carl!