Monday, January 5, 2009

sledding in yosemite

We drove up to Yosemite on New Years day to go sledding. We had gray skies and it was freezing here at home. I told carl that I didn't think that we would drive out of it, but as soon as we got to the top of Old Priest grade (a narrow, steep shortcut to Yosemite) it was sunny and beautiful. It was warmer up there than here in the valley. We had a lot of fun and ate a picnic in the snow and had yummy hot chocolate. I love that we can drive to snow but not have to live in it. Carl has always wanted to take the boat out on New Years and wakeboard one day and drive an hour up the mountain and snowboard the next day. ( He can get in the freezing cold water all by himself)


Making a snowman









Sledding with mommy.


Hot chocolate face!!!


Carl was super smart and brought the camp stove for some yummy hot chocolate.


This picture is for our friend Misty because she told Sydney to make a "snow angel" for her. Syd didn't even notice or care that she was on ice and not making that great of an impression. She stood up and said the angel was for Misty.

"QUEEN" of the hill!!!


She can be such a poser.

Caleb made this snow fort to hide behind when dad was pelting him with snowballs.

5 comments:

mistyb said...

so cute! tell miss syd that I love my angel and I will have to tell her next time I see her too! Very smart move on the camp stove Carl!! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Tami said...

Ok little Sydney could you be any cuter?? I love those pictures she looks so cute in her snow clothes!

joleen said...

Why do you look kinda scared in your sledding picture? Glad you had a great day!!!

Lara said...

I'm so jealous you can drive to and from the snow. I just want out of all our snow!

I think we will all come to your house next year and stay a few months!!!!1

Marie said...

How fun! And I wish we could drive easily to sled in a national park! Great pics. Thanks for sharing!