Thursday, January 29, 2009

DERBY TIME.........

I was in charge of our pinewood derby last night for scouts. We have a planning meeting every september where the parents sign up to be in charge of a pack meeting. Well, no one would sign up for the derby so since I am also the cub committee chairman and Primary president the honor of doing it fell to me. It was crazy getting everything together, I was running all over the place looking for the ribbons to hand out yesterday with no luck. Thanks to my good friend Misty for going to Party America and getting them for me, you saved my life. Chris Youngberg from the 7th ward was the other race official and he showed up with these awesome shirts for us to wear. The boys had fun, Caleb came in second in his heat and Carl helped everybody that had car trouble. So yeah!!! it's over, but did I mention that I am also in charge of the Blue and Gold dinner next month too!!!! more on that later...........



Carl made the first 6 cars on the bottom row.


RACE TIME!!!!



Thumbs up from the officials!!!!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Yay for surviving the pine wood derby. I'm just about to hit my first Blue and Gold. I'm still really scared about the pinewood derby - does Carl want to come for a visit when we have it?!!!!!!

joleen said...

Who are you? Are you campaigning to be bishop or what? Let someone else have a nervous breakdown! The shirt may have made it all worth it though! I am proud of you though!

Marie said...

Okay, the hot dog car is my favorite car ever!! Good job putting everything together. Nate's the cubmaster in our ward, so he's in charge of that stuff, but the derby isn't until April or May here.

mistyb said...

sweet shirts sis. hansen, looks like it turned out great!