Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Robert Lee Hall was born to Veda and Thelma Hall on November 24, 1933. He loyally served this country for 25 years, 10 months and 7 days. He married Margene Mickelsen on October 12, 1968 and had 3 kids. The last one was by far the coolest. Dad you are such an amazing dad and an inspiration to me. You are the best papa in the world and I am so grateful that you are my dad. You have seen and done so much in the last 75 years. You are someone we can all look up to. Instead of listing 75 reasons my dad is the greatest, to save space and brain power I am going to list 12 reasons because that is 7 + 5.
12. You have such great sense on humor.
11. Your talent at building things and fixing things. I just assumed that husbands could fix anything and luckily Carl can, but there are husbands out there that can't. You took care of everything around the house.
10. I love the fact that after 40 years of marriage you kiss mom goodbye before leaving the house.
9. I love that after the 1 time I was spanked by mom, you brought me Oreo's and milk.
8. You are respectful to mom and taught me how I should be treated.
7. You have a big, soft heart for dogs, especially your Angel.
6. You are accepting to everyone and willing to open your home to anyone in need.
5. You look out for your friends.
4. You adore your grandkids, and you cherished the time you had with Caleb when you guys watched him for me.
3.I admire your work ethic and integrity.
2. You tell me you love me every single time I talk to you on the phone, even if it is a quick call.
1. Your love for our Savior Jesus Christ and your strong testimony of the gospel.
Happy Birthday dad, I love you!


Joe and Shirl and Carl and I took mom and dad to the Tree Room at Sundance for his birhtday/ 40th Anniversary present.

Shirley and me.

My cute hubby.
Sorry Joe, but you asked for it. Love you though.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Bob! We love you so much, and Ryan always talks about you with such happiness. Thank you for being such a good example of love and generosity!

Tami said...

cute post! Those pictures are all really good! You and your sister look so much alike. So cute!

Greta said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Bob!! He may be 75 but he is 25 at heart!! I appreciate all the love you have always showns me, You have loved and protected me just like I was your own daughter. I miss being so far away, but we do love you!