Sunday, September 28, 2008

Catching up.............

So since I am a new blogger and because mom and dad claim I never send any pictures to them ( I don't) I decided to post a few from our fun summer break this year. We go to Utah every other year for the Hansen family reunion over the 4th of July. Since there was no reunion this year we decided to start our own family tradition and go to Mammoth Lakes, California. If you haven't ever been I highly recommend it. We stayed at Mammoth Mountain Inn, right at the base of the ski resort. During the summer it is a mountain bikers dream. They take you and your bike up on the Gondola, then you get to bike down, totally my kind of biking since I don't have to work too hard going up hills. The town is small and the 4th of July parade was a big hit. The kids loved it and our friends the Goodmans come up to spend the day with us. They got tons of candy and had fun chasing the fire trucks. Carl took Caleb on his first "real" mountain bike ride, we went fishing (no luck), and while Carl was biking the mountain the kids were able to rock climb on a wall right outside of our hotel. Sydney was a natural and she gathered quite a crowd because they couldn't believe a 3 year old could climb so well.
On our last day there the kids all tried the zipline. Caleb went off the highest point, and the girls went off a little bit lower. They all loved it and did great and can't wait to go back.

Posing by the Mammoth

Parade Fun July 4th 2008.

This is the top of Mammoth Mountain.

Cool hat.

Ashlee is a very patient fishergirl.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yeah! I'm so excited your blogging! It is way easier than emailing!!!! I love catching up with what you have been up to.

I'm way behind on my blogging - haven't done the whole entire summer.

I invited you to my blog a while ago - but haven't ever seen you comment. I'll invite you again.