Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ALOHA!!

Once a month for Family Home Evening we make dinner from somewhere around the world. This month is was Hawaii. Mostly because coconuts were on sale at Walmart. So I went to "Heck of a Deal" (there is actually a dollar store here in town called that) and got some fun supplies for the luau. I made coconut chicken and rice. And some fried SPAM!! I know it's gross but my kids love it. We also had fresh pineapple and mango. Next month we are going to China for our dinner experience.

The girls made some pictures to help decorate the table.

We bought these outfits in hawaii 4 years ago and just broke them out for our special dinner. Ash has grown some since then.

The kids thought it was great when carl busted out his machete to open the coconut. ( I was pretty sure there was another trip to the ER in our future)



8 comments:

Tami said...

OKay those girls are the cutest in their little hula outfits! I love that idea, you are such a good mom!

Ben and Taryn said...

That looks like tons of fun and what a great idea. Something fun to try with my family.

joleen said...

You are way too cute! Settle dawn!!1

joleen said...

(I meant settle down)

mistyb said...

great job hansen fam! That is an awesome idea for fhe!

Lara said...

Very cool! I think I am going to steel your idea (at least some time when I have enough energy to actually do something like that!)

Jordan and Jandee said...

what a fun FHE idea!

Marie said...

That is such a great idea! How fun!