Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pismo Beach

We went to Pismo Beach the first weekend in October. The trip didn't turn out quite like we planned, but Carl was a really big trooper and stuck it out until Sunday so the kids wouldn't be disappointed. We got there late Thursday night and on Friday morning we went and rented 4 wheelers for Carl and Caleb to hit the dunes. The girls and I just played on the beach. The beach is crazy, because you can drive out on it and camp there. I was nervous because there was this MONSTER tow truck driving around ready to charge people $300.00 to pull them out of the sand when they got stuck. I was pretty sure we were going to get stuck but if only that was the worst thing that would have happened. So picture this....the girls and I are playing on the beach, having fun, we found a bunch of sand dollars that we were collecting, when my phone rings. It's Carl. He says" I'm hurt, I need you to drive down and pick me up." I laugh and say, " Whatever Carl, that is soo NOT funny." He says, " No I'm serious." Holy Crap!!! Are you kidding me? I couldn't decide if I was more upset about having to drive on the sand or that he was hurt. After seeing him, I was definitely more upset about him. I rushed him to the closest ER where they told us his collar bone was pretty smashed up. They said the Dunes keep them in business. Well, like I said, he stuck out the rest of the trip, but ended up in surgery the next Saturday to have a metal plate put in. Another Hansen family adventure for the books.














3 comments:

Tami said...

wow good job updating! your a little behind friend! I love all the pictures!

Ben and Taryn said...

Wow hope Carl is doing ok. Other than that is sounds like a fun trip.

Scott and Kim said...

what a trooper he is! the only thing the post is missing is pics from the ER...come on Hansen!!