Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So long Spiderman.......

When we moved into this house almost 6 years ago, Caleb was only 5 years old and really into everything spiderman. I have these amazing, talented friends that also happen to adore my kids that were willing to come paint their rooms for us. I was also pregnant with Syd at the time but we didn't know what we were having. I used the voodoo necklace trick and it told me I was having a boy so being the trusting freak that I am I believed it and painted the much larger room for the "boys" Well 4 months later we got Syd but the kids rooms were too amazing to paint over and change so the girls are in the much smaller although fantastically hand painted with fairytails room and Caleb had spiderman. Well last Monday when the kids and Carl were home for Martin Luther King day we decided to paint Calebs room. I have to admit, as a mom that lives in denial 90% of the time, painting over something that my baby boy used to love and packing up the legos and bionicles for storage made me very sad. I felt like we were single handedly forcing him into his pre teens. I had a good little cry about it. He is growing so fast and is such a good boy that I keep waiting for the bratty jr. high stage to start. So far so good. We aren't done with his room yet. I am going to blow up some pictures of him snowboarding, wakeboarding and kneeboarding to put on the walls, but sadly we had to say see ya to spiderman.
BEFORE




We had to prime the city wall.

AFTER

3 comments:

Lara said...

I remember that room! It is so hard to see our kids grow up - but it is better than not letting them.

Scott and Kim said...

was that a happy post or a sad one? Because I'm feelin pretty sad :( Sad that the beautiful painting is gone, but that your little guy was ready for it to be gone!!

Unknown said...

Et's not ready to have the lego's and bionicles packed up just yet. They do grow up too fast and I'm in no hurry. You're right though whenever they're ready that's when its time. (You should send the legos this way if you don't know what else to do with them.)