Monday, July 20, 2009

Freedom Run.......

Nothing like a little PEER PRESSURE eh? I somehow convinced Carl, Ian, Tom and Greta (who by the way HATES running) to sign up for the Freedom Festival 10K run. They all did GREAT! Ian talked a lot of trash about beating me and sadly he did, BUT here is my defense....1)I just hiked the stinkin Grand Canyon. It wasn't the easiest hike I've been on. 2)I had some pretty awesome blisters on my feet/heels. (see #1 for reason). 3) Come on Ian, I am 11 years older than you. 4) I live at 128 ft. above see level. I am just going to throw out that elevation may or may not have been a factor. So that being said, I will swallow my pride and somewhat psychotic competitive attitude to say "Good Job Ian" . I was only 5 minutes behind him, but in my head it was only 2 or 3 because I got stopped by the @#$!@% that let his stupid dog off his leash to chase a baby deer. The dog caught it and took it down right in front of me. Pretty traumatic. Luckily I got a kick in on the dog and another runner got him off so the deer could run away, but the whole incident had to have taken at least a couple of minutes. I spent sometime after the run looking for the dog owner to tell him what I thought of him. Sadly, I couldn't find him. Everyone did awesome, so thanks guys for running with me.


I learned this from my friend Misty..... re-inacting the race makes for some pretty great photos.
Please note how hard Ian is trying to catch me.

I love you Greta......

Seriously? How cool is he? Babe you are the best.


this picture does frighten me, but I have to ask, Is that eyebrow normal????

8 comments:

joleen said...

Did you see my mom? She thought she heard a shout out from Carl?

Lara said...

Awesome photos! Wish I could have been there - but I don't wake up at the crack of dawn when on vacation!

Keep up the running, maybe one day I'll be inspired enough to run again (you might have to run in front of me with a box of doughtnuts though).

Lara said...

P.S.
While I am thinking about it I don't think I ever thanked you for the Christmas presents you sent!

The kids thought it was great getting presents after Christmas and they all love the gifts (us too - we love to play games).

Any way, thank you!

Lorilee said...

For those of you reading my sweet sister in laws comments.....it's true, I actually sent their Christmas presents to them in June. They were wrapped in Christmas paper but they were still 6 months late. That is how cool I am.

mistyb said...

those are some freaking awesome reenactment photos! way to go on the run! and convincing everyone to do it with you!

Scott and Kim said...

wow, if i didn't know any BETTER I would think that running was actually FUN. Way to go friend!

Scott and Kim said...

wow, if i didn't know any BETTER I would think that running was actually FUN. Way to go friend!

MELANIE ARCHULETA said...

awesome job!!!! you are my hero!